Energy stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 6.1% today and up 28.1% in the last month.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 5.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is up 4.8% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 4.7% today and up 27.0% in the last month.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 4.5% today and up 31.2% in the last month.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 4.5% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 4.2% today.
- Halliburton Company (HAL): HAL stock is up 4.1% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 4.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.8% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.