Energy stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 6.2% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 5.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.6% today and up 25.1% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 3.7% today and up 23.4% in the last month.
- Cosan Limited (CZZ): CZZ stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 3.3% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 2.4% today.
- Kosmos Energy Ltd (KOS): KOS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Hanwha Q Cells Co. Ltd (HQCL): HQCL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 0.4% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.