Financial stocks finished flat on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.4%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is up 4.3% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 4.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): GS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 2.4% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 1.5% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Eagle Bancorp (EGBN): EGBN stock is down 1.2% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is down 1.1% today.
- BB&T Corp (BBT): BBT stock is down 1.1% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.