Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was down 0.1% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 3.2% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 2.2% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 1.9% today.
- KKR & Co. L.P. (KKR): KKR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC): HTGC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 1.6% today.
- Keycorp (KEY): KEY stock is up 1.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- American Express Company (AXP): AXP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 1.9% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.7% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is down 1.2% today.
- ING Clarion Global Real Estate (IGR): IGR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 1.0% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 0.9% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 0.9% today.
- AON Plc (AON): AON stock is down 0.9% today.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.