Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 3.2% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 1.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.4% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is down 1.3% today.
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 1.2% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is down 1.2% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.