Financial stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 1.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is down 1.1% today.
- PNC Bank (PNC): PNC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Suntrust Banks (STI): STI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.