Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 declined 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is up 2.1% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 1.7% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ameriprise Financial Services (AMP): AMP stock is up 1.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 1.6% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 1.6% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 1.6% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Fidelity National Information Services (FIS): FIS stock is down 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is down 1.1% today.
- Blackrock Enhanced Dividend Achievers (BDJ): BDJ stock is down 1.1% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.