Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.5% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.2% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is up 1.9% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (EV): EV stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 1.8% today.
- People’s United Financial (PBCT): PBCT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bank of Hawaii Corp (BOH): BOH stock is down 1.4% today.
- M&T Bank Corp (MTB): MTB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Independent Bank (INDB): INDB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 0.9% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 0.8% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 0.7% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.