Healthcare stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.9%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is up 2.7% today and up 21.6% in the last month.
- Genomic Health (GHDX): GHDX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Natus Medical Inc (BABY): BABY stock is up 2.4% today.
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG): ISRG stock is up 2.3% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is up 1.9% today.
- C.R. Bard (BCR): BCR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 1.1% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is down 0.7% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 0.5% today.
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.