Healthcare stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 5.0% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 5.0% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 4.0% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 3.9% today.
- Sangamo Biosciences (SGMO): SGMO stock is up 3.3% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 0.7% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Zimmer Holdings (ZMH): ZMH stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.