Healthcare stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.2%, the Nasdaq was down 1.6% and the S&P 500 fell 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is up 4.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 0.6% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is up 0.2% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 0.2% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 3.0% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 3.0% today.
- Wellcare Group (WCG): WCG stock is down 3.0% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 2.8% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 2.7% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Celgene Corp (CELG): CELG stock is down 2.5% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.