Healthcare stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 2.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII): CSII stock is up 2.9% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Perrigo Company (PRGO): PRGO stock is up 1.9% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Sirona Dental Systems (SIRO): SIRO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is up 1.3% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 1.3% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is down 1.6% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Conmed Corp (CNMD): CNMD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Greatbatch (GB): GB stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.