Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Carmax Inc (KMX): KMX stock is up 7.9% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 4.6% today.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): DKS stock is up 3.8% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 4.4% today.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is up 2.9% today.
- Imax Corp (IMAX): IMAX stock is up 3.9% today.
- China Unicom [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHU): CHU stock is up 3.3% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Manpower Inc (MAN): MAN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 0.5% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Box Inc (BOX): BOX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Madison Square Garden (MSG): MSG stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.