Services stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Carmax Inc (KMX): KMX stock is up 7.9% today.
- Tim Participacoes S.A. (TSU): TSU stock is up 4.6% today.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (DKS): DKS stock is up 3.8% today.
- Melco Crown Entertainment Limited (MPEL): MPEL stock is up 4.4% today.
- Telecomunicacoes De Sao Paulo S/A Ads (VIV): VIV stock is up 2.9% today.
- Imax Corp (IMAX): IMAX stock is up 3.9% today.
- China Unicom [Hong Kong] Ltd (CHU): CHU stock is up 3.3% today.
- Rite Aid Corp (RAD): RAD stock is up 2.8% today.
- Manpower Inc (MAN): MAN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is up 2.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Infinera Corp (INFN): INFN stock is down 2.1% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR): PIR stock is down 0.5% today.
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE): WWE stock is down 0.4% today.
- Box Inc (BOX): BOX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Telecom Argentina Stet – France Telecom S.A. (TEO): TEO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG): IHG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Madison Square Garden (MSG): MSG stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.