Technology stocks rose 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is up 10.3% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is up 8.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is up 6.5% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is up 5.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Broadcom Corp (BRCM): BRCM stock is up 5.0% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Avago Technologies (AVGO): AVGO stock is up 3.9% today.
- Micron Technology (MU): MU stock is up 3.3% today.
- Rogers Corp (ROG): ROG stock is up 3.3% today.
- EMC Corp (EMC): EMC stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Qlogic Corp (QLGC): QLGC stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is down 8.4% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Manhattan Associates (MANH): MANH stock is down 3.8% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is down 3.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wipro Limited (WIT): WIT stock is down 3.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Generac Holdings Inc (GNRC): GNRC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Fluidigm Corp (FLDM): FLDM stock is down 3.1% today.
- Amphenol Corp (APH): APH stock is down 2.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- 3D Systems Corp (DDD): DDD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bruker Corp (BRKR): BRKR stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.