Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Mellanox Technologies (MLNX): MLNX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Grubhub Inc. (GRUB): GRUB stock is up 3.0% today.
- Western Digital Corp (WDC): WDC stock is up 3.1% today.
- On Semiconductor Corp (ON): ON stock is up 2.6% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 2.1% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 3.2% today.
- Intel Corp (INTC): INTC stock is up 2.8% today.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ): HPQ stock is up 1.9% today.
- Power Integrations (POWI): POWI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Igate Corp (IGTE): IGTE stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is down 16.2% today.
- Ciena Corp (CIEN): CIEN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 1.6% today.
- Asm International N.V. (ASMI): ASMI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Asml Holding N.V. (ASML): ASML stock is down 2.8% today.
- Lm Ericsson Telephone Company (ERIC): ERIC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Infosys Limited (INFY): INFY stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Synaptics Inc (SYNA): SYNA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.