Technology stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is up 5.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Costar Group (CSGP): CSGP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is up 3.1% today.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Altera Corp (ALTR): ALTR stock is up 2.7% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Agilent Technologies (A): A stock is up 2.5% today.
- Intel Corp (INTC): INTC stock is up 2.2% today.
- The Ultimate Software Group (ULTI): ULTI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR): SWIR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Computer Sciences Corp (CSC): CSC stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Mitel Networks Corp (MITL): MITL stock is down 5.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Teradata Corp (TDC): TDC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Interdigital (IDCC): IDCC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is down 1.7% today.
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 1.5% today.
- NCR Corp (NCR): NCR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sohu.Com Inc (SOHU): SOHU stock is down 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.