Technology stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): SYMC stock is up 5.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Costar Group (CSGP): CSGP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Rackspace Hosting Inc (RAX): RAX stock is up 3.1% today.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 2.8% today.
- Altera Corp (ALTR): ALTR stock is up 2.7% today and up 24.4% in the last month.
- Agilent Technologies (A): A stock is up 2.5% today.
- Intel Corp (INTC): INTC stock is up 2.2% today.
- The Ultimate Software Group (ULTI): ULTI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sierra Wireless (SWIR): SWIR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Computer Sciences Corp (CSC): CSC stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Mitel Networks Corp (MITL): MITL stock is down 5.6% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Teradata Corp (TDC): TDC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Finisar Corp (FNSR): FNSR stock is down 2.0% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Interdigital (IDCC): IDCC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Atmel Corp (ATML): ATML stock is down 1.7% today.
- Echostar Corp (SATS): SATS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is down 1.5% today.
- NCR Corp (NCR): NCR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sohu.Com Inc (SOHU): SOHU stock is down 1.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.