Transportation stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 3.0% today.
- Capital Product Partners L.P. (CPLP): CPLP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ship Finance International (SFL): SFL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): GWR stock is up 0.6% today.
- Jetblue Airways Corp (JBLU): JBLU stock is up 0.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Canadian Pacific Railway (CP): CP stock is up 0.4% today.
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR): ASR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 1.7% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is down 1.4% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW): AAWW stock is down 1.1% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is down 0.9% today.
- American Railcar Industries (ARII): ARII stock is down 0.9% today.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Seaspan Corp (SSW): SSW stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.