Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street on Tuesday, down 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 fell 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Enersis S A (ENI): ENI stock is up 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.5% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 0.4% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 1.9% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is down 1.9% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 1.8% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 1.6% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 1.6% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.