Basic materials stocks declined 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is up 2.6% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.8% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 0.8% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 0.6% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 7.5% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 6.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 5.9% today and down 26.3% in the last month.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 5.5% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 5.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 4.7% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 3.9% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 3.8% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 3.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.