Basic materials stocks fell 0.9% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.9%, the Nasdaq declined 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 4.6% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 2.8% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.4% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.1% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 1.7% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 1.6% today and up 25.4% in the last month.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.5% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is down 4.7% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.7% today and down 20.3% in the last month.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.0% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 2.8% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.5% today and down 22.4% in the last month.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.9% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 2.3% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.