Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.4% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 9.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 7.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.8% today and down 23.4% in the last month.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.6% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.8% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.