Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 5.0% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.2% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 4.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.9% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 3.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 3.2% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.