Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 5.0% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 0.7% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.2% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 4.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 4.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.9% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 3.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 3.1% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 3.2% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.9% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 2.7% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.