Basic materials stocks advanced 0.1% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.9% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.6% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.1% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.8% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.