Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.0% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 2.2% today and up 22.9% in the last month.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 1.0% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.