Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.4% and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 3.0% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 2.2% today and up 22.9% in the last month.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 1.0% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.