Basic materials stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 6.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 2.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 2.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 2.5% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 1.9% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.