Basic materials stocks declined 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 1.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.4% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is up 1.0% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 3.3% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.3% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.4% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.