Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Murphy USA Inc. Common Stock Wh (MUSA): MUSA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 0.1% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 5.6% to a new 52-week low of $12.16.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is down 4.4% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 3.8% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 3.5% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 3.1% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 3.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.8% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.