Basic materials stocks declined 0.1% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 4.7% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.9% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 0.5% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 0.5% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.3% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Albemarle Corp (ALB): ALB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.