Capital goods stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is up 2.8% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 2.0% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is up 1.6% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Standard Pacific LP (SPF): SPF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 1.6% today and up 28.6% in the last month.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Timken Company (TKR): TKR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is down 3.8% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is down 2.7% today.
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Flowserve Corp (FLS): FLS stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.