Capital goods stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- The Middleby Corp (MIDD): MIDD stock is up 4.8% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 2.9% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Tenaris S.A. (TS): TS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 1.3% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is up 1.0% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Louisiana-Pacific Corp (LPX): LPX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is down 0.3% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is down 0.1% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.