Capital goods stocks finished up 1.2% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is up 6.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 2.5% today.
- Caesarstone Sdot-Yam Ltd (CSTE): CSTE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC): NOC stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fluor Corp (FLR): FLR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 1.8% today.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 1.7% today.
- Raytheon Company (RTN): RTN stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.7% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.3% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is down 0.2% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is down 0.1% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 0.1% today.
- Emcor Group (EME): EME stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.