Capital goods stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 10.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Aecom Technology Corp (ACM): ACM stock is up 8.0% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is up 5.1% today.
- Pall Corp (PLL): PLL stock is up 4.5% today and up 26.3% in the last month.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 2.5% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is up 2.5% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cubic Corp (CUB): CUB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is down 0.7% today.
- Joy Global Inc (JOY): JOY stock is down 0.6% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 0.5% today.
- Toll Brothers Inc (TOL): TOL stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.