Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.6% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): FDP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 1.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Brf-Brasil Foods S.A. (BRFS): BRFS stock is up 1.9% today.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): CCE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fomento Economico Mexicano S.A.B. De C.V. (FMX): FMX stock is up 1.4% today.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc (DPS): DPS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Newell Rubbermaid Inc (NWL): NWL stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 1.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 0.7% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.