Energy stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 5.0% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 4.3% today and up 30.5% in the last month.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 3.8% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is up 3.4% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 3.1% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 5.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 2.7% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 3.0% today.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 2.3% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is down 2.4% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.