Energy stocks finished down 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is up 2.0% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 0.9% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 0.7% today and up 22.2% in the last month.
- Suncor Energy Inc (SU): SU stock is up 0.7% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 0.5% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 0.5% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 2.4% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 2.4% today.
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is down 2.4% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.