Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is up 2.7% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Diamondback Energy Inc (FANG): FANG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 1.2% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.