Energy stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is up 4.4% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.9% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 3.9% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 3.8% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 3.8% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 3.5% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 3.4% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 3.3% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Noble Energy Inc (NBL): NBL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT): CLMT stock is down 0.4% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.