Energy stocks advanced 1.0% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 8.7% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 5.9% today and up 21.1% in the last month.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 5.0% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 4.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.9% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 4.6% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 4.4% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 3.3% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 3.9% today.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 4.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 4.1% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 2.6% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eog Resources (EOG): EOG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.7% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.3% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.