Energy stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.6% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 2.3% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 1.4% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 1.3% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.