Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.3%, the Nasdaq increased 1.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 5.2% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.8% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 4.8% today.
- Ocean Rig Udw Inc (ORIG): ORIG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 4.4% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 4.2% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 4.1% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 4.1% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 4.1% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 4.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.4% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is down 0.3% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp (APC): APC stock is down 0.2% today.
- Dril-Quip (DRQ): DRQ stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.