Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq was up 0.2% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 2.0% today.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 1.8% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 1.6% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ): CNQ stock is up 0.9% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 4.1% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 3.5% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 2.3% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd (AAV): AAV stock is down 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.