Energy stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.1% higher, the Nasdaq was up 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sunoco L.P. (SUN): SUN stock is up 2.6% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 1.9% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is up 1.3% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Semgroup Corp (SEMG): SEMG stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Chevron Corp (CVX): CVX stock is down 1.8% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is down 1.8% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 1.8% today.
- FMC Technologies (FTI): FTI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Schlumberger N.V. (SLB): SLB stock is down 1.7% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 1.5% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.