Financial stocks rose 0.9% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.3% higher and the S&P 500 rose 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 2.4% today.
- AON Plc (AON): AON stock is up 2.3% today.
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU): PRU stock is up 2.2% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 2.1% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Berkshire Hath Hld B (BRK.B): BRK.B stock is up 1.5% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 1.0% today.
- New York Community Bancorp (NYCB): NYCB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bank of Hawaii Corp (BOH): BOH stock is down 0.8% today.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is down 0.8% today.
- Provident Financial Services (PFS): PFS stock is down 0.8% today.
- TCF Financial Corp (TCB): TCB stock is down 0.8% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.