Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.7% and the S&P 500 declined 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is up 2.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Webster Financial Corp (WBS): WBS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Chemical Financial Corp (CHFC): CHFC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ims Health Holdings Inc. (IMS): IMS stock is up 1.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 1.5% today.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.7% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 2.8% today.
- Verisk Analytics (VRSK): VRSK stock is down 2.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is down 1.9% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.