Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 4.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Lazard Ltd (LAZ): LAZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Eagle Bancorp (EGBN): EGBN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 1.1% today and up 22.0% in the last month.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is up 1.1% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 1.0% today.
- The Nasdaq Omx Group (NDAQ): NDAQ stock is up 0.8% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.3% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 1.3% today.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 1.2% today.
- First American Corp (FAF): FAF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is down 1.2% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.0% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.