Financial stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is up 2.9% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is up 2.7% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 1.8% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is up 1.6% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 1.6% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is down 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Legg Mason Inc (LM): LM stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.