Financial stocks finished up 1.0% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.2% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is up 2.7% today.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Park National Corp (PRK): PRK stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is up 2.0% today.
- M&T Bank Corp (MTB): MTB stock is up 2.0% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Nelnet Inc (NNI): NNI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Hercules Technology Growth Capital (HTGC): HTGC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cna Financial Corp (CNA): CNA stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.