Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Friday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.1%, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is up 4.5% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 2.7% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 2.0% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 1.2% today.
- CBOE Holdings (CBOE): CBOE stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 3.5% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 2.5% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 1.4% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is down 1.7% today.
- UBS Ag Ordinary Shares When Iss (UBS): UBS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.