Financial stocks fell 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.1%, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was down 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 4.8% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 1.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Capitol Federal Financial (CFFN): CFFN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 4.9% today and down 67.1% in the last month.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 3.8% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.8% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 2.2% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.3% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.4% today.
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.