Financial stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 5.3% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Regions Financial Corp (RF): RF stock is up 1.9% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 1.4% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is up 1.2% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is up 0.8% today.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Goldman Sachs Group (GS): GS stock is up 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 3.1% today.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is down 2.0% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.6% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 2.2% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.